Monday, March 4, 2013

Purchasing Apps

There are three ways to pay for an app on an iPod touch, iPad, and iPhone.
(1) Using a credit or debit card.
I will advise you not to do this just for security purposes. Apple has one of the best security systems in its products, but there is still a chance your device could get hacked. Then, the hacker will have access to your card number, which you put into the device once so that each purchase is automatically deducted from your card.
(2) Having bills mailed to your address.
This is want my parents have my brother’s iPad set under. My old school dad does not, under any circumstances, put card numbers into a computer/device/machine. So, with this, all it needs is your mailing address and bills will be mailed to you. Now, my parents have never been sent any bills. I will explain why in the next section.
(*3*) Using an iTunes Card.
This is the method that is safest since you put in no personal information. At many stores, you can buy what is called an iTunes Card. This is essentially a gift card for iTunes. However, you can’t put in any amount you want on the card. The cards have a set amount, which you match to buy it. Many stores sell these card, but I know that Wal-Mart sells the amounts: $15, $25, $30, $50, and $100. To buy the $20 card you would pay $20 to the cashier at the store, no tax included. You pay exactly $20.
Once you buy a card, all you have to do is get a code off the back of the card, which you do by scratching it like a lottery ticket scratch off,  and put the code into iTunes. Now, I’m sure you guys are wondering why these are iTunes cards when you buy apps in the App Store. I sure did! Well, the App Store is a part of iTunes, Apple just puts it under two different buttons.
So, you go to iTunes and scroll down to the bottom. There you will see a button that says “Redeem.” Click that, enter the code, and now your money is on the device! This also helps to make sure you don’t spend too much money since you pay ahead of time.
The reason I starred (**) the third option is because when you set up your device, you must choose between option (1) or (2). I recommend using option (2) since it’s safer and also use option (3). So, options (1) and (2) are your mandatory choices, even though you only choose one of them, and option (3) is completely up to you.
(2) + (3) = Safety, Easy, Budgeting
Do it whatever way you prefer. I’m trying to make you do anything. I just wanted to give you my opinion about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment