Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Tumblr's aspergersismyworld

Just this morning, I found an amazing blog on Tumblr that everyone should see. The blogger's "name" is aspergersismyworld and she is a twenty-three-year-old with Asperger's syndrome. In her blogs, she talks about different experiences she goes through in her life.

The following are actually quotes from her blog:

"So I was walking down the sidewalk in my own neighborhood when I noticed my neighbors sitting outside. I suddenly felt the urge to cross to the other side of the street to avoid any possibility of social interaction. It was a jolt of anxiety that hit me like a bullet. It was quick and powerful. Every cell in my body was screaming for me to run, avoid the scary humans."

"I’ve gone a long time without thinking about my life. If I start to then I begin to realize how unfulfilled it is. I think about all of the things I could be doing. I’m held back by fear. Fear of change and the new and scary things in the world I’ve never dealt with."

"So once I was waiting to cross a busy street when I noticed that a city bus was slowing down and pulling up to me. I realized that I was standing by a bus stop and the driver must have assumed I was waiting for the bus. For about two seconds I considered actually getting on the bus in order to avoid the possibility of an awkward situation. I ended up making the sane and logical decision to tell them I was not getting on but the fact that I even considered doing otherwise is kind of funny. Aspergers."
Click the following link to see her blog: www.aspergersismyworld.tumblr.com.

On her blog, she offers everyone to ask her a question. If you would like to ask aspergersismyworld a question, click the link above to go to her blog, then click "? Ask me anything" at the top. You don't require a Tumblr account to do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment